6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit engages with architectural techniques set within a broad range of social, cultural, environmental, political, economic, historical, theoretical and technical contexts. Investigations will incorporate various methodologies and approaches. The unit examines the formulation, application and implications of techniques in relation to architectural design research. The unit advances critical understanding required to shape the built environment.
- Demonstrate command of architectural techniques and understanding of their broad contexts
- Evaluate and communicate the potentials of architectural techniques
- Be able to apply diverse forms of knowledge to address professional and design research projects
- Have developed and demonstrated a sophisticated understanding of how observation, analysis experiment and critique apply to the formulation and undertaking of architecture design research
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% mixed mode
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours per week and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information
Admission to the Master of Architecture or by permission