6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
This unit provides students with the opportunity to relate to a more expansive definition of drawing and encourages students, through bold graphic experimentation, to maximise their capacity for individual invention and expression in responding to a variety of perceptive and conceptual processe This unit is an advancement on their year 1 foundation drawing.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- have a wide graphic visual vocabulary to serve and maximise their individual expressive needs;
- have aesthetic sensibilities that enable them to critically determine imagery that bridges both historical and contemporary art;
- productively develop a wide variety of visual material and techniques relevant to their major discipline.
- Critically engage and produce drawing in relation to their conceptual direction and perceptive observations
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
3 studio hours and 9 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information