6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit provides students with the opportunity to relate to a more expansive definition of drawing and encourages students, through bold graphic experimentation, to maximise their capacity for individual invention and expression in responding to a variety of perceptive and conceptual processe This unit is an advancement on their year 1 foundation drawing.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- have a wide graphic visual vocabulary to serve and maximise their individual expressive needs;
- have aesthetic sensibilities that enable them to critically determine imagery that bridges both historical and contemporary art;
- productively develop a wide variety of visual material and techniques relevant to their major discipline.
- Critically engage and produce drawing in relation to their conceptual direction and perceptive observations
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
3 studio hours and 9 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information