6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus block of classes)
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit provides a rigorous program to broaden students awareness of conceptual approaches to Glass Blowing and sculpting with molten glass. Continued research and skill development will foster the acquisition of a personal visual language, utilising the unique optical and material qualities of glass. Students will create projects with an emphasis on multidisciplinary approaches.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- apply skills in sculpting with molten glass in conjunction with further developing Glass Blowing Skills;
- work collaboratively in facilitating visual outcomes and the development of projects;
- conceptually explore the unique optical and material qualities of glass and its application to contemporary practice;
- discuss, reflect on and critique their work and concepts with their peers through well-researched class presentations.;
- analyse and develop a deeper understanding of glass media utilised by contemporary Fine Art practitioners;
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
Folio of studio work: 100%, of which at least 20% will be assessed before mid-semester.
12 hours per week, including 4 hours of taught studio and 8 hours of personal study and studio practice.
See also Unit timetable information