6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit will focus on the construction and design activities employed in the assembly and arrangement of materials for interior architecture projects. The incorporation of services within inhabited environments will be introduced, and explored by students through focused observation and project work.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have the ability to:
- explain the basic principles influencing structural systems and their impact on construction
- understand issues of environmental sustainability in relation to the construction and servicing of interior architecture projects
- identify a range of service systems relevant to interior architecture and the basic principles underpinning these
- propose construction solutions as part of design development, including detail design
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% Mixed Mode Assessment (includes progressive assessment and folio)
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent
See also Unit timetable information