6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit covers an advanced practice of combining techniques and media, as well as experimental methods; introduction to framing of the subject; selection of the most appropriate view; combination of views; development of background treatment; composition of pictorial settings for products.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- draw to build ideas and show salient features of an intended design rather than a pre-existing object
- appreciate drawing as a method of externalising thoughts and developing ideas
- communicate their ideas through concept presentation sketches and renderings
- use drawing for persuasion and communication in a product design context
- demonstrate proficiency in the use of appropriate drawing mediums and equipment
- understand the range of drawing mediums and select appropriate techniques to suit the nature of the design or the communicative purpose.
Regular exercises:70% Visual diary: 30%
4 studio hours and 8 independent study hours
See also Unit timetable information