6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit continues the student's development in the field of transportation design. Further study is undertaken in materials technology, ergonomics, future trends and external influences. Project work will be undertaken using the appropriate drawing and rendering techniques to initiate and present transportation concepts.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- have advanced visualising capability in the field of transport design
- be able to detail their design solutions and produce three dimensional representations
- be able to analyse transport design problems in detail
- understand appropriate transportation nomenclature
- observe and employ occupational health and safety principles and rules appropriate to studio practice.
Folio submission: 80%; Research assignments: 20%
12 hours per week, including 4 studio hours and 8 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information