6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit will clarify the professional obligations required of graphic and multimedia designers. It will also outline the basic business activity requirements of practitioners in these areas. The unit will include project management processes from small singular undertakings to large cross disciplinary projects; professional writing skills relevant to the discipline areas; OHSE obligations and workplace safety, and sound business practice. Students will also be introduced to the professional bodies that can assist with future business activities.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- comprehend the business practice associated with graphic design and multimedia professions;
- confidently manage design projects from start to finish;
- write professional and articulate business plans, proposals and grant applications;
- understand and act upon OHSE obligations of their profession.
2 independent projects (40%)
OHSE assessment (10%)
Group project (50%)
12 hours per week including, 4 taught hours and 8 study hours weekly
See also Unit timetable information