6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2018
Entry into the Master of Design by coursework.
PPR3108, PPR3107, PPR3712
This unit investigates project and design research management strategies. Topics include research methods and their application, design (research) criteria, client's intentions, market identification and user needs, manufacturing and environmental issues. Management issues, contracts - contract law, planning and administration, statutory authority approvals, cost planning, staff resource allocation, and budget planning.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- be able to identify key issues which influence the outcome of design projects;
- be capable of planning design research;
- be able to effectively communicate design research criteria which meets management objectives;
- be aware of planning and scheduling methods for the implementation of design projects;
- understand the role and consequences of design contracts;
- be aware of human resource issues on budget planning.
Business plan, 3500 words (60%)
Individual contribution (10%)
Class paper, 1500 words (30%)
2 hours of lectures/tutorials and 10 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information