6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester B 2019 (On-campus)
- Winter semester 2019 (On-campus)
Only students enrolled in Bachelor of Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) can enrol in this unit.
An application is required to enrol in this internship unitinternship unit (http://www.monash.edu/science/current-students/internship-units).
In this unit students complete a domestic or international internship to further their leadership and entrepreneurial development through a real-world workplace experience that will better prepare them for future of work. The internship experience ensures students have hands-on, real world exposure to supplement their academic growth, and develop their graduate attributes and employability skills. Students work with a host supervisor to establish professional objectives and a project plan and to receive feedback on their progress. The internship helps students develop self-awareness of their ability to meet stated objectives and areas in need of improvement.
The internship is at least 80 hours duration.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership, an entrepreneurial mindset, cultural intelligence and networking skills by identifying and liaising with individual or organisations to develop an internship plan.
- Execute an internship project with a high degree of independence, professionalism and accountability.
- Apply and reflect upon knowledge and skills gained in the Impact Through Science units within a professional context.
- Actively seek out and act upon constructive feedback.
- Identify and convey the knowledge, skills and attributes required for the professional workplace in the global world.
Internship plan: 30%
Reflective journal: 50%
Final video presentation: 20%
Internship with industry/organisation of at least 80 hours.
Additional requirements for at least four hours of independent work per week for preparation for the internship and completing assessment.
See also Unit timetable information