The Engaging STEM Education Series in 2017 consisted of 4 seminars that set out to explore various aspects of contemporary STEM education in schools with a focus on implications for learning and teaching.
1. Presentation: Making Sense of STEM Education – What is STEM education?, Scienceworks, (16/3/2017).
- Professor Deb Corrigan (Monash University)
- Professor John Loughran (Monash University)
- Ms Linda Sproul (Melbourne Museum)
- Mr Andrew Wilkinson (Sandringham Secondary College)
2. Panel Discussion: Approaches and Pedagogies to Enhance STEM Education, Blackburn High School, (15/6/2017).
- Dr Rebecca Cooper (Lecturer, Monash University)
- Dr Pen Kalogeropoulos (Lecturer, Monash University)
- Associate Professor Gill Kidman (Associate Professor, Monash University)
- Professor Daniela Schmeinck (University of Cologne)
- Ms Joanna Alexander (Principal, Blackburn High School)
3. Panel Discussion: Enhancing STEM Education with Digital, Victorian Space Science Education Centre (VSSEC), (7/9/2017).
- Mr Michael Pakakis (Director of VSSEC)
- Mr Gary Bass (STEM Educator)
- Mr Sean Elliott (STEM Educator)
- Mr Roland Gesthuizen (Monash University)
4. Panel Discussion: Contemporary Practices in STEM Education, The Knox School, (9/11/2017).
- Dr Kathy Smith (Monash University)
- Dr Angela Fitzgerald (Monash University)
- Dr Jennifer Mansfield (Monash University)
- Ms Alexandra Ogloff (St Joseph’s Primary School)
- Ms Jordyn Whittington (Scoresby Primary School)
- Ms Jaclyn Rooney (Stile Education)
- Mr Ben Liu (Zoos Victoria)
- Mr Lucas Johnson (St James Catholic Primary School)
- Ms Shelley Waldon (Catholic Education Services)
- Ms Heather Ablett (The Knox School)