BSc(Hons), BE(Hons), PhD (Melb)
Room: 23, room G35S
Phone: +61 3 9905 4566
Fax: +61 3 9905 4597
Honours projects available 2015
||Lecturer in Chemistry, Monash University, Australia.
||Centenary Research Fellow, University of Melbourne, Australia.
||Postdoctoral Fellow, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, in the De Schryver – Van der Auweraer – Hofkens group.
||Postdoctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Radiation Chemistry, Germany, in the Braslavsky group.
||PhD, University of Melbourne in the Ghiggino group.
- Single molecule spectroscopy, time resolved fluorescence, energy transfer (FRET), energy transfer, annihilation phenomena, photon bunching and photon correlation.
- In particular I am interested in
- Discovering the fundamental photophysical properties of new materials at the single molecule level.
- Understanding how energy is transported around in multi-chromophoric dye molecules, polymer chains and nanoparticles
- Using SM techniques to address biophysical problems such as protein folding, aggregation and conformational change.
||ARC Discovery grant on “Light harvesting polymers”
||NHMRC grant on “Single cell biology”
||ARC Discovery grant on “Novel luminescent compounds”
||University of Melbourne Centenary Fellowship for “Single Molecule Spectroscopy”
- Prof. Ken Ghiggino Research Group, University of Melbourne, Australia. (http://www.chemistry.unimelb.edu.au/people/ghiggino.html)
- Prof. Steven Langford Research Group, Monash University, Australia. (http://www.chem.monash.edu.au/staff/langford/index.html)
- Prof. Johan Hofkens Research Group, KULeuven, Belgium. (http://www.chem.kuleuven.be/research/mds/mds_en.html)
- Dr. Andrew Clayton Research Group, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Australia. (http://www.ludwig.edu.au/branch/research/cell-biophysics.htm)
- Prof. Paul Mulvaney Research Group, University of Melbourne, Australia. (http://www.nanoparticle.com/)
Take a look at my research page for more info or contact me directly at Toby.Bell@monash.edu