BSc (Uni Adelaide), PhD (ANU)
Room: 238, Bldg 23
Phone: +61 3 9902 0327
Fax: +61 3 9905 4597
Website: Personal Website
- 2013 - Future Fellow, School of Chemistry, Monash University
- Sep. 2005 - Jan. 2007 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of ChemistryStanford University, CA, USA. “The Development of Enantioselective Bimetallic Catalysts". Supervisor: Professor Barry M. Trost
- June 2001 – Jan. 2005 Doctorate of Philolosophy Research School of Chemistry, Australian National University, ACT, Australia. “Studies Directed Towards the Synthesis of the Binary Vinca Alkaloids: A Total Synthesis of (+/-)-Aspidospermidine". Supervisor: Professor Martin G. Banwell
- Mar. 2000 – Nov. 2000 Bachelor of Science (Honours 1st) University of Adelaide, SA, Australia. Thesis Title: “A Synthetic and Mechanistic Study into 3,6-Dihydro-1,2-dithiins”. Supervisor: Professor Dennis K. Taylor
Awards and Honours
- Postdoctoral: Sir Keith Murdoch Postdoctoral Fellowship, American Australian Association (2005).
- Postgraduatate: Best Oral Presentation by a Student (Co-recipient), 24th Royal Australian Chemical Institute, Organic Chemistry Symposium, University of New South Wales (2004). Most Creative Poster, 22nd Royal Australian Chemical Institute, Organic Chemistry Symposium, University of Western Sydney (2002).Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for Excellence, Australian National University (2001-2004).Alan Sargeson Scholarship for Merit, Australian National University (2001-2004).Graduate School of Science Scholarship, Australian National University (2001-2004).
- Undergraduate: Rennie Scholarship, Department of Chemistry, University of Adelaide (2000). Faculty of Science Research Scholar, Department of Chemistry, University of Adelaide (1999). G. M. Badger Prize, Department of Chemistry, University of Adelaide (1999).Faculty of Science Research Scholar, Department of Genetics, University of Adelaide (1998).Dean’s Certificates of Merit, Faculty of Science, University of Adelaide (1998). The Flinders Prize, The Flinders University of South Australia (1994).