Monash University is ranked amongst the world’s most prestigious universities.
Graduating with a degree from a university in the world's top one per cent adds significant value to your resume. Our global reputation ensures you are recognised for your skills and talent – no matter where in the world you choose to pursue your dreams.
We measure ourselves against international standards.
Monash is ranked:
- in the top one per cent of world universities – 91st in the world – according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2013-2014)
- in the top 100 of world universities according to the Times Higher Education Reputation Rankings (2013)
- the 69th university in the world according to the 2013 QS World University Rankings
- in the top 150 world universities according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities compiled by Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2012-2013) rates us:
- one of only six Australian universities in the world’s top 100
- the 34th university in the world for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health.
The QS World University Rankings by Subject (2013) rates Monash:
- sixth in the world for Education
- equal seventh in the world (and best in Australia) for Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- 13th in the world for Law
- 18th in the world for Accounting and Finance
- 19th in the world for Linguistics
- 21st in the world for Communication and Media Studies
- 23rd in the world for History
- 23rd in the world for Geography
- 25th in the world for Chemical Engineering
- 26th in the world for Civil and Structural Engineering
- 26th in the world for Economics and Econometrics
- 27th in the world for Psychology
- 29th in the world for Medicine
The Academic Ranking of World Universities (2012) rates us:
- the best university in Australia and one of the top 75 universities in the world for Chemistry
- the best university in Australia in Computer Science (as a standalone discipline)
- one of the top 75 universities in the world for Engineering/Technology and Computer Science
Monash is a member of the Group of Eight, an alliance of leading Australian universities recognised for their excellence in teaching and research. Group of Eight universities produce graduates who find full-time employment sooner, begin on higher salaries, and are more likely to move onto postgraduate studies than graduates from other Australian universities.
The Good Universities Guide provides independent ratings for Australian degrees and universities. In the 2013 guide, Monash achieved:
5 stars (maximum rating) for:
- Student-staff ratio
- Research intensivity
- Cultural diversity
- Research grants
- Generic skills
- Staff qualifications.
4 stars for:
- Student demand
- Getting a job
- Positive graduate outcomes
- Graduate satisfaction
- Teaching quality.
- more Victorian students placed Monash University as their first preference through VTAC than any other university.
But it's not all about numbers. Read how our students make the most of their Monash experience.