If you've registered for multi-factor authentication (MFA) using the Okta Verify app on your smartphone or device, you can set up Google Authenticator as a backup factor.
- On a computer using a web browser, login to verify your password
A push notification will be sent to your old device to approve the login.
- Once logged in, go to the Extra Verification section, and select Setup for the Google Authenticator Mobile App
- Follow the on screen instructions to install the Google Authenticator App on your phone. When the app is installed, click Next.
- Open Google Authenticator app on your phone, tap BEGIN SETUP button, and tap Scan barcode button.
- Scan the QR code on the computer screen, click Next.
- Enter the six digit code displayed by the Google Authenticator mobile app, click Verify.
- Click Done.
- You have completed the setup. Close the web browser, but do not uninstall the Google Authenticator app.