If you're not able to install the Okta Verify app on your smartphone, you can install the Google Authenticator app to register for MFA.
If you've already registered, learn how to login with a one-time pin.
Register for MFA
- Install the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone from App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android)
- Go to https://mfaoptin.monash.edu/
- You'll see the following screen. Click Next.
- Click I can't install Okta Verify.
- Click Register now on the computer screen. If you're not already logged in, you'll be prompted to login now.
- Select Setup for the Google Authenticator Mobile App.
- Select your device type.
- Click Next.
- Open Google Authenticator app on your phone, tap Begin Setup button, and tap Scan Barcode button.
- Scan the QR code from the computer screen, click Next.
- Enter the code shown on Google Authenticator App in your phone, then click Verify
- Click Finish
- Click Go to my.monash
- You have completed the setup. Close the web browser, but do not uninstall the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
- You will receive an email confirming successful MFA registration.
Login using Google Authenticator with a one-time pin
The Google Authenticator app requires you to login using a six digit code, which acts as a one-time pin.
- When prompted with the below log in screen enter your Monash email address and password, click Sign In
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone and note the six digit code (which is regenerated every 30 seconds).
- In your web browser, type in the code as shown in Google Authenticator on your smartphone, then click Verify
TIP: On your computer or device you regularly use, tick Do not challenge me on this device again. When using that same device and web browser you will no longer have to complete an MFA challenge.