If you don't have a smartphone or you're unable to install the Okta Verify or Google Authenticator apps on your smartphone, you can request a USB hardware device to register for MFA.
If you've already registered, learn how to login.
Register for MFA
- Contact your local Service Desk for some changes to be made to your account. Once those changes have been confirmed you can continue on to step 2 and register your U2F device.
- Go to https://mfaoptin.monash.edu/ on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers only.
- You'll see the following screen. Click Next
- Click I can't install Okta Verify.
- When presented with this screen, click Register now
- Once prompted, please enter your Email address and Password then click Sign in
- When prompted click on Setup under the Security Key (U2F) option.
- Click Register Security Key
- Insert your U2F Security Key into a USB port on your computer. Once inserted, tap the gold disc on your device.
- Once presented with the below screen your U2F Security Key has been configured and is ready to be used. Click Finish.
- Click Go to my.monash
- You'll receive an email confirming successful MFA registration.
Login using U2F (FIDO capable device)
Follow these instructions on how to login using your U2F device.
- When prompted with the login screen, enter your Monash email address and password, click Sign In
- Once presented with this screen, insert your U2F Security Key into a USB port on your computer. Once inserted, tap the gold disc on your device.
TIP: On your computer or device you regularly use, tick Do not challenge me on this device again. When using that same device and web browser you will no longer have to complete an MFA challenge.