If you don't have a smartphone or you're unable to install the Okta Verify or Google Authenticator apps on your smartphone, you can request a USB hardware device to register for MFA.
If you've already registered, learn how to login.
Register for MFA
- Go to https://mfaoptin.monash.edu/
- You'll see the following screen. Click Next
- Click I can't install Okta Verify.
- Click Order USB Key
- Click Proceed with order
- Select the YubiKey option for your device and fill out your Full name and Email Address then click Submit order
- Once you have received the Yubikey, follow steps 1-3 to register your Yubikey. When presented with the below screen please click on Register now
- Once prompted, enter your Email address and Password, then click Sign in
- When prompted click on Configure factor
- Once presented with this screen, insert your Yubikey and ensure the cursor is flashing in the box above the Verify button. Press and hold the gold disc on the Yubikey device. The YubiKey will auto populate the field and submit.
- Once presented with this screen, your Yubikey has been configured and is ready to be used. Click on Go to my.monash
- You'll receive an email confirming successful MFA registration.
Login using Yubikey
Follow these instructions on how to login using your Yubikey.
- When prompted by login screen, enter your Monash email address and password, click Sign In
- Once presented with this screen, place your finger on the gold disc on the Yubikey device and hold.