Gmail is intuitive, efficient and offering lots of storage, less spam and easy to use across any device.
Go to Gmail Help Centre to learn about the following and much more:
- Managing your account
- Changing your settings
- Reading and organising emails
- Using filters and labels
- Sending attachments and images
- Downloading the Gmail app for your devices
- Mark or unmark Spam in Gmail
- Fixing a problem
Visit the email signatures page for format details.
Set up mail delegation or share a custom account with Monash staff:
- Login with your email address and password.
- In account's mail window, select the cog in the top right corner of the page, followed by Settings.
- Select the Accounts tab. Under Grant access to your account select Add another account.
- In the Email address field, type the email address of the colleague you want to delegate to, and then select Next Step.
- Confirm that you want that colleague to have delegate access to your account by clicking Send email to grant access.
- Your colleague will receive a confirmation message. They'll need to accept the access by clicking the link in this email.
BMS (Bulk Messaging System) is a tool that allows you to send an email to a large group.
- It's only available to approved staff.
- If you'd like to send out a bulk message or discuss your requirement, contact the Service Desk.
- Create and set up one or multiple templates.
- Can be used for automatic responses. See Create rules to using filters in Gmail.
- Select the content or template directly from your Inbox when composing a message.
Enable canned responses
- Go to Google Mail and open the options menu by selecting the cog icon in the upper-right corner of the page and select Settings.
- Select the Labs tab.
- Scroll down and select Enable next to Canned Responses.
- Click Save Changes.
Create a new canned response
- Once you've enabled Canned responses in your settings, open a new compose window.
- Create your template, adding any images or formatting as required.
- Click the More options arrow at the bottom right of the screen and select canned responses.
- Select New canned response from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for your Canned response and click OK.
Using a canned response
- When composing a new message, select canned responses to select a response.
- Your selection will immediately be added to the body of your message.
eSolutions recommend and support the use of Google software and products. Staff or students using Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird and Apple Mac Mail may experience some issues syncing their email, particularly with calendar invites.
Please be aware, if you're not using Google software and products you may have difficulty trying to access the wide range of integrated features offered with Google Apps.
If you need help in this area contact the Service Desk.
At Monash, we have a variety of protections in place that block the vast majority of spam and other malicious email. However, the best protection is to exercise caution when entering your login details. If you're ever in any doubt, please call the sender of the email or contact the Service Desk.
Common scams include: