The Monash wireless network is part of a multi‐university network known as eduroam.
Widely available in most university campuses across Australia and New Zealand, eduroam is also used in the US, Canada, Europe and parts of the Asia-Pacific. Once you're set up with eduroam, you'll be able to connect at all participating universities without having to reconfigure your device.
The eduroam wireless network is available to all staff and students, as well as our guests from participating institutions.
How to connect and re-connect
- From your wi-fi settings, select the network name eduroam
- Enter your Monash email address as your username Staff example: email@example.com
- Enter your Monash account password
- If you're asked for:
- Certificate(s): Only trust a certificate signed by QuoVadis Certificate Authority (For Android devices, select Don't Validate)
- EAP (if prompted): PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication (if prompted): None
Student example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more help connecting?
Visit the eduroam website for more information about where eduroam is available.
Eduroam is available at all Australian Monash University campuses. Always connect to eduroam if you have a Monash account.
When travelling, use eduroam rather than your mobile internet (NextG or 3G) device wherever possible. This will provide a faster connection and reduce international data charges. Monash University is not charged to use eduroam at other participating institutions.