eSolutions is committed to the adoption of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards to provide a framework for delivery of IT services at Monash.
"Service Management is a set of specialised organisational capabilities that provide value to customers in the form of services."
The ITIL framework is:
- a set of best practice guidelines as a common sense approach for managing IT services;
- a framework of practices that unite all areas of IT service provision;
- a framework that allows IT organisations to deliver value to the business;
- a series of publications giving guidance on the provision, processes and facilities needed to support quality IT services;
- deliberately non-prescriptive and specifically capable of being adopted and adapted for higher education services.
- ensure that IT Services are aligned to the needs of the business and customers by providing a service framework for the end-to-end management of IT services to customers;
- improve availability and stability of services by focusing on service performance to ensure that they are being delivered as expected;
- improve efficiency of internal processes by focusing on continual service improvement to maintain value to customers.
At eSolutions, we understand the difference between installation and transformation - we know we can offer you more than just a new piece of software.
When you engage with our business transformation teams, we’ll work with you to understand exactly what outcome you need and then we’ll partner with you to deliver it.
A new piece of technology is not the reason for change, it is simply a catalyst leading to a small improvement or a whole new way of working. If you have an idea, but don’t know how to turn it into reality, let our team help yours be ready and able to succeed.
Monash Secure Data Enclaves (SDE) is a software-defined, secure, and centralised private cloud infrastructure that aims to give Monash enterprise users and researchers a safe environment to host, process, and analyse their sensitive data. The platform has been designed and built with security as one of its main objectives.
The platform aims to strike the right balance between achieving state-of-the-art security controls while maintaining the appropriate ease-of-use. The platform architecture and design enable the operating team to offer each workload its dedicated enclave with well-defined and monitored traffic routes to ensure that only authorised access is allowed.
The platform offers capabilities such as:
- Software-Defined Micro-segmentation and Network Virtualisation
- Software-Defined Storage with advanced capabilities such as Erasure Coding, and Stretch Clusters
- Encryption-at-Rest with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Encryption Key Management and Hardware Security Module
- Multi-tenancy with full segregation between different workloads
- Privileged Access Model with a dedicated identity zone
- Full Storage Auditing Capabilities
- Advanced GPU virtualisation to support Machine Learning and Data Science workloads.
More information available on Secure Data Enclaves - End User Documentation (VPN access required).
Providing the best experience for our students demands the best learning spaces. We're proud of the wide range of space types and technology we offer and the efforts we undertake to ensure they're kept up to date and accessible.
Our team partners with yours to deliver new learning spaces - offering a suite of AV technology for each room type, from smart lecterns to document cameras and video conferencing.
Our goal is to enable academics to feel confident using any space at Monash, so they can focus on their students, not the technology.
If you want the best value for new IT software or hardware, come talk to us - we’ll tell you what’s already being used successfully by someone else or perhaps let you know of something brand new that might be just what you want.
Our enterprise-wide view allows us to consolidate and leverage the best products for the best price, while ensuring compliance with the University’s procurement policy.
We manage contracts, balance purchase price and support costs, consider vendor technical expertise and manage risk, enabling us to ensure that you get exactly what you need.
Information is one of the most important assets we have at Monash, and we certainly have a lot of it. Having a clear discipline to identify, control and preserve information, ensuring it’s available to be used for smarter, faster decision making offers a clear competitive advantage to us all.
From business intelligence reporting to records and archives, we offer your team a way to make the most of this rich resource, providing enduring value to the University and the wider community.
eSolutions offers a variety of essential technology services to Monash professional staff, researchers and affiliated or co-collaborating research organisations. These services include:
- hosting and storage services; both on premise at Monash University and in public cloud environments
- identity services; providing user and system access
- data analytics, targeted at Monash operations
- consultation; bespoke solutions and IT project works
- network connectivity; on Monash campuses and associated organisations.
For more information, check myServices.
The FAST Team are Monash professional staff who can be requested by your area when you need additional assistance during change initiatives, staff leave or peak workload periods.
The team bring a breadth of Monash knowledge and expertise to each deployment, meaning you receive immediate and effective support when you need it the most.
eSolutions cares about security and privacy, whether it’s protecting your personal information or preserving our competitive advantage by keeping University IP safe. The nature of a university is to be open and collaborative, and we keep this value at the heart of all we do.
Our goal is to maintain a safe, flexible and resilient digital environment that supports the work of our students, academics and staff across Australia and around the world.
Best practice governance is something we take seriously: the process that delegates and distributes decision-making in relation to strategic IT investment at Monash. Good governance is essential to ensure that investments are made in alignment with the University’s strategic and operational objectives.
A number of governance bodies are responsible for making investment decisions at Monash, taking into consideration the needs and interests of areas across the entire University.
At the highest level we have:
- VCEC (Vice Chancellor’s Executive Committee)
- MIIO (Major Initiatives Implementation Oversight) chaired by Professor Margaret Gardner.
This holistic view allows investment to be resourced across multiple areas and reduces duplication, leading to the development of streamlined processes and promotion of enterprise-wide compatible systems.