The IT Security and Risk (ITSR) team cares about security and privacy of yourself and the University. We’re actively protecting your information at all times.
Below are some things to look out for and who to contact if you would like more information.
With more and more users falling victim to cyber security attacks, it's important that people are following good practices in order to minimise the chances of attacks to happen. Here are some practices you can follow to ensure that you're as safe as possible from any cyber attacks:
- Ensure all devices have the latest available security updates
- Run weekly anti-virus and malware scans and have up to date security software
- Ensure your passwords are strong, secure and difficult to guess, visit Choose a strong password and keep it safe
- Use multi-factor authentication where possible
- Use a spam filter on your email account
- Secure your wireless network
- Avoid using public wireless networks where possible
- Ensure your private wireless network is password secured
- Be vigilant with what you share on social media
Have you noticed anything strange with your computer or laptop? If you think you might have been hacked please contact the ITSR team.
Have you received suspicious emails and aren’t sure if you sure interact with them or not? please contact the ITSR team.
Consider the following tips if you need to use free wi-fi:
You may be looking for general security advice and assistance contact the ITSR team for all your enquiries.
We’re happy to visit you and your team to give free training on IT Security.
- Vulnerability assessments
- Risk assessments
- Education and Awareness
- Security Operations
- Project engagement
For more information regarding our Information Security Risk Assessment process visit: https://sites.google.com/a/monash.edu/its-it-security-risk/information-security-risk-assessment.
Travelling to countries that pose a high technology risk as defined by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) presents the potential for theft of Monash University data and your Monash Identity (Monash credentials).
Help and support
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 03 9905 0775.