Welcome to Monash University! Here's a few IT tips to get you started.
- Connect to eduroam wi-fi
Check out our secure wireless network, available across all Australian campuses.
- Read Technology essentials for students (pdf, 4.83 mb).
Use this as a guide to give you an overview of the essential technology services we provide you with.
- Explore my.monash
This is the place to go to for your needs and enquiries. Access the Web Enrolment System (WES), Allocate+ for timetabling and Moodle along with info about printing, library loans and more.
- Software for students on personal devices
Get free and discounted software like Office 365.
- Get started with Google
We use Google Apps here at Monash which includes Mail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, Sites and much more.
- Check out Useful IT info for students to get more info on accounts and passwords, data storage, printing and more.
While studying at Monash, you'll be provided with a Monash account which will allow you to access the University's IT facilities. It's important to read and understand your IT obligations at Monash.
- Visit IT security
- Read Acceptable Use of Information Technology Facilities by Students Policy (pdf, 0.04 mb).
Disciplinary action or account suspension may result if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions listed in these policies. Using these services means that you agree to the following:
- peer-to-peer file sharing programs such as Kazaa, BitTorrent, DC++ (Direct Connect) aren't permitted on computers connected to the Monash network
- internet access which results in excessive use may result in the student being charged the cost of this access
- password sharing, unauthorised access to accounts, data or files on Monash IT facilities, or on IT facilities belonging to other organisations is expressly forbidden.
Moodle is an online learning management system (LMS) used to access units and other learning material.
Find out more by watching this short video.
Help and support
- Read your Student Technology Essentials Handbook (pdf, 4.83 mb)
- Contact the Service Desk