A strong management strategy is what distinguishes a great business from its competition. This major focuses on business communication and organisation behaviour, and you will learn to critically evaluate business challenges and put complex management theory into practice. Your studies will include human resource management, professional development, inclusive management and project management. Management practice will provide you with the ability to implement innovation business strategy - an important skill for future business leaders across all industries and organisations.
Management practice is listed in the Bachelor of Business Administration at Peninsula as a major and minor.
In addition to achieving the broad outcomes of their course, students successfully completing this major will be able to:
- critically evaluate and apply theoretical knowledge to produce informed and innovative solutions for business decision making for a wide variety of business challenges.
Major requirements (48 points)
No more than 12 points at level 1 may be credited to a major and at least 18 points must be credited to the major at level 3.
- MGB1010 Introduction to management
- MGB2200 Business communication
- MGB2230 Organisational behaviour
- MGB2430 Human resource management and professional development
- MGB3249 Events and project management
- MGB3120 Inclusive management
- MGB3684 Business strategy
- MKB2705 Research methods and analysis
Minor requirements (24 points)
24 points with no more than 12 points at level one.
- any four units (24 points) from the major, offered at the Peninsula campus, with at least two units (12 points) at level 2 or 3.
Successful completion of this major or minor can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- B2007 Bachelor of Business Administration
Students in this course can complete the minor using 24 points of their free electives.*
Students in other single bachelor's degrees may be eligible to complete the minor or major by using 24 or 48 points of their free electives.