Honours - Course
This course entry applies to students commencing this course in 2018
and should be read in conjunction with information provided in the
'Faculty information' section of this Handbook by the Business and Economics.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Business and Economics
Dr Uma Devi Jogulu
Admission and fees
This course has been especially designed to offer selected students the opportunity for advanced study in one of the specialist business areas offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics. You will learn how to conduct business-related research at an advanced level.
- Applied economics
- Banking and financial management
- Business analytics
- Business law and taxation
- Econometrics and business statistics
- International business management
- Strategic marketing
These course outcomes are aligned with the Australian Qualifications Framework level 8 and Monash Graduate AttributesAustralian Qualifications Framework level 8 and Monash Graduate Attributes (http://monash.edu/pubs/handbooks/alignmentofoutcomes.html).
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will:
- be a critical and creative scholar who:
- produces innovative solutions to problems
- analyses evidence and information in a systematic manner
- communicates ideas and results effectively and perceptively to diverse audiences
- acquires reflective skills conducive to the development of lifelong learning
- is an independent scholar able to acquire and deploy new skills in a sound, evidence-based approach to business challenges
- be a responsible and effective global citizen who:
- engages in an internationalised world
- exhibits cross cultural competence
- demonstrates ethical values
- accommodates competing viewpoints and achieves collaborative outcomes
- demonstrate proficiencies and competencies in at least one discipline specific area and be able to provide solutions relevant to the business, government and communities that you serve
- be a committed scholar and practitioner able to collaborate with others to foster social responsibility
- have the ability to undertake research informed by advanced studies in a specific discipline
This course consists of a combination of coursework and research units. In the coursework component you will develop advanced theoretical and/or technical knowledge of your discipline and appropriate research methodologies. In the research component you will plan and execute a research project under the individual guidance of an academic supervisor.
This course comprises 48 points: Part A: Research (24 points) and Part B: Coursework (24 points).
Units are 6 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Research (24 points)
You must complete:
- BEW4100 Research project and report (24 points)
Part B. Coursework (24 points)
You must complete:
Progression to further studies
Satisfactory completion of this course may provide credit toward a Monash masters by coursework degree and will provide the preparation necessary to undertake a master's by research or a doctoral (PhD) degree.